Monday, February 8, 2010

Code Orange

Last week Samantha and I shuttled back and forth from Loveland to TCH, TCH to Loveland....back and forth....back and forth.

The hatchback of the Malibu contained 4 pairs of underwear, my comfy sweats, all of Samantha's meds, 3 Dr. Seuss books, my favorite pair of pajamas and a bag of Milano cookies. I can pack these items in the 'Bu' in less than 5 minutes....time me.

It was Code Orange at the Schichtel Household.

This weekend I felt confident enough in Samantha's health to remove the 4 pairs of underwear, Milano cookies, pjs and the rest of the contents.

I took a deeo breath and downgraded us to an optimistic Code Blue.

That's right, TSA, Homeland Security and the Schichtels.

Homeland Security advises the following in case of an emergency:

Everyone should establish an emergency preparedness kit and emergency plan for themselves and their family, and stay informed about what to do during an emergency.

All Americans should continue to be vigilant, take notice of their surroundings, and report suspicious items or activities to local authorities immediately.


Emergency plan? We can make it out of the house in five minutes, with the bag of Milano cookies, a clean bra and enough Ativan to make a seasoned Resident at TCH cringe.

Vigilance.

1 comment:

Amanda Jaksha said...

Sammers...It takes a pretty savvy momma to have the color code system down! On these days I wonder if the momma might need a wee bit of the lorazepam to get through all the shuffling she must do;) The seasoned resident she schools might even appreciate that. LOL!

Trauma should be the hall pass to life's other issues. Someone should tell the hall monitor

I posted something cryptic on Facebook Saturday. It caught a lot of attention from my tribe but it really wasn’t a big deal…. nothing ...