Wednesday, July 25, 2018

This Shark, Swallow you whole

 
 
This photo was from my 40th birthday- six months after we lost Samantha.
 
A friend quoted it perfectly, "And then Heather opened her mouth, took all of her friends and swallowed them whole."
 
And I would have.
 
Because I was so empty.
 
Oh yes dear friends, swallowed you whole. Anaconda ain't got none...
 
But that was 8 years ago. Eight years ago when Missy Moo left us. Eight years ago today.

I still pose with an open mouth


 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
Even in the final photo.....in front of hundreds of people accepting a great big check...
 
Mouth
 
Wide
 
Open
 
Eight years later, would I still swallow you whole? Nah, I think you might be a tad chewy. Dare I say too spicy?
 
But more importantly, I don't need to anymore. The hunger to replace a famine in my soul has subsided, the want, desire, the miss, it is no longer so gut wrenching and desperate. Eight years later.
 
You all have helped me to fill that void and for that I am forever grateful.
 
So despite the perpetual open mouth, I no longer need to devour you.
 
Perhaps a nibble.



No comments:

Trauma should be the hall pass to life's other issues. Someone should tell the hall monitor

I posted something cryptic on Facebook Saturday. It caught a lot of attention from my tribe but it really wasn’t a big deal…. nothing ...