Monday, November 2, 2015

Halloween, dia de los muertos, The Smiths and Yoga

Oh Halloween.....

You Holiday of adorable children dressed in fabulous costumes. 

How I love and despise you. 

How I wonder where I fit with this holiday. This holiday of 'what do you want to BE for Halloween??' 

So many things I would like to be......but alas, cannot.

So instead, I think I will identify with Dia de los Muertos. Although I have to say, the skulls still seem freaky, I love this holiday more and more. 

Check out this video of how we honor our dead, or maybe could....http://www.latina.com/lifestyle/our-issues/dia-de-los-muertos-short-film

And even The Smiths got involved...of course

http://www.npr.org/2015/11/02/453951997/one-mariachi-band-brings-morrissey-to-dia-de-los-muertos

All disgruntled teens of the 80's thank you,  El Mariachi Manchester. 

I will not lie. When I said a couple posts ago that you have to find joy everyday.....Joy at times can be an elusive bastard. 

Today I sat in yoga. I joined a yoga class because ever since my half-iron man, I'm as tight as a discarded, sun dried piece of jerky.

I have the knees of my Grandfather. I love my Grandfather but he has horrible knees. 

The other day? After Masters Swim Practice? I went to get out of the pool and fell back in because my tight knees gave in. 

Did you hear that??? I FELL BACK IN THE POOL!!!!!!

So, I am in yoga. 

In savasana today, our yogi asked us to think of what makes us grateful. 

I laid there and thought, "I got nothin," In the words of my dia de los muertos friends....nada. 

Because I didn't have ANYTHING and I'm sorry, but I won't force a good thought if I can't find one. 

So I searched, the whole time for a good thought.  I stretched my tight knees and searched for gratitude. 

Nothing. 

And then I walked out of the studio and found the 30 days of gratitude challenge!!!!!

I have to do 15 days of yoga in the month of November. 

And of course I signed up because for every class you attend, you get a GOLD STAR by your name!!!!

I love gold stars. 

I have to do 14 days of yoga until the end of November. I looked at the calendar and the very best I can do is 12 days but we will see. You want to be grateful with me? Come to CorePower Yoga in Broomfield on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. 

I do get a gold star by my name. 

I walked out of the studio, passed by my yogi and a bucket of Kit Kats. 

"I think today I am grateful for Kit Kats," I said. And I took TWO. 

"Aren't we all," she replied



No comments:

Trauma should be the hall pass to life's other issues. Someone should tell the hall monitor

I posted something cryptic on Facebook Saturday. It caught a lot of attention from my tribe but it really wasn’t a big deal…. nothing ...