Monday, April 14, 2014

Jane, get me off this crazy thing......called love


Once upon a time, a long time ago, I lived in a mystical part of Germany called Garmisch Partenkirchen. 

Seriously, it was a real place. So real I wikipedia'd it and put a link to it so you could check it out. It is pretty cool. 

I was a ski instructor there which was also the definition of cool. Did you know Ski Instructor was ranked as one of the sexiest professions? 

I was never a sexy Ski Instructor. 

I taught kids. One time I was riding with a little Tike on the T-Bar (T-Bar's are very European). I held him in front of me between my skis because he was too light for the T-Bar. The little bugger pee'd on me as we were riding up the hill. 

Gore-Tex is water resistant but not water proof. Trust me. 

It was the time before wireless, it was the time before internet, before the DVD. But alas, not before the beloved VHS tape. 

We had two movies on tape. 

Much Ado About Nothing 

and the noteworthy, award winning....So I Married an Axe Murderer

I have seen So I Married an Axe Murderer 112 times. 

I kid you not. 

And I still love it so. 

And can quote it by heart. 

WOMAN! 

Wo......Man

WOOOOOOO MAN! 

She was a thief 

You gotta belief

She stole my heart and my cat! 



Betty! 

Wilma! 

Josie and those hot pussy cats! 

They made me horny! 

Saturday morning! 

I want to be Betty's Barney! 

Jane, get me off this crazy thing....called love....

Yep, that's right. 3 years in Europe and all I can recite is 'So I Married an Axe Murderer'

Parents are proud. 

I also made priceless friends who have gathered for me timelessly....who will appreciate the quoting of 'So I Married an Axe Murderer'....

Who held me in their arms, celebrated my successes, who cried for me, cheered for me. Loved me as we all evolved from pee-stained ski instructors to who we are today.

One of them got engaged this weekend. 

In my search for resilient, happy people she is kind of on the top....brave, honest and a good friend.... a 'I will raid Trader Joe's for the best care package for you' Good Friend

It's fun to be happy for the happy. We should do so more often. 

To Love. 

And I got you a wedding present.....its a Juice Tiger....I juice everything now. 




No comments:

Trauma should be the hall pass to life's other issues. Someone should tell the hall monitor

I posted something cryptic on Facebook Saturday. It caught a lot of attention from my tribe but it really wasn’t a big deal…. nothing ...