Thursday, April 18, 2013

Whatcha gonna do?

It has been a whopper of a week. Boston has rocked our world, wondering if there is ever a safe place.

And our Senators have rejected further background checks for gun ownership.
I am not against people owning guns. But I do think if I need a credit check for a credit card, a background check for a job and a drivers license for Sudafed, I should need a back ground check for a gun.

Have you ever shot a gun?  My liberal toting tushie has and I must say, that gun holds a lot of power.

And Boston....who has shown us that you do not need a gun to cause unfathomable damage.

So complex. So much emotion.

Everyday I get up and I go to work.
But I love my job. And I love what I do on the side. I work with non-profits, I manage a non-profit and it is times like this that I am reminded of the importance of good.

Doing is good is good. It is good for society but almost selfishly, it reminds us that the bad will not over ride what the good is doing. It cannot, we are better than that.

Along that theme, here is our 2013 Courage Classic Video- reminding us of the good we can do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcDo6NY8ros

So whatcha gonna do? To feed your soul? To remind yourself that so many of us want to do good. And to spread the good, the hope and the love. We are so much better than what makes the news.

Whatcha gonna do?

No comments:

Trauma should be the hall pass to life's other issues. Someone should tell the hall monitor

I posted something cryptic on Facebook Saturday. It caught a lot of attention from my tribe but it really wasn’t a big deal…. nothing ...