Thursday, June 14, 2012

Motion...

What will I put in motion?


Now is the time of year that I get slightly boring and somewhat introverted. We come upon June and July...a time of year when I was quite pregnant with both my babies and lost both my babies.


Ironically, this is the same time of year that we have our biggest fundraisers and our Courage Classic bike ride....motion...forward....Perhaps I cannot stay stuck in what June and July meant but what it could mean.


So now grief is measured on how many miles I log on the bike and how many grease marks I have on my legs. This motion forward has gained attention- we now have 52 members on our Courage Classic team; Summits for Samantha and we are working towards our goal of $50,000.


My motion: My annual grief has been overwhelmed by gratitude.


Today we also had our Epsilon Walk for Miles for Mito; attended by 120 people and raising over $4,000. Our walk...motion...forward.


Perhaps I can no longer be stuck in what June/July meant.


And who can be stuck when there is ice cream?
















Gratitude is a funny thing. It sneaks up on you when you least expect it, it allows you to live the moment and leave the grief behind.

It was either that or the ice cream.

Thank you for keeping me moving forward. And thank you for the ice cream.

**If you would like to donate to our 'movement'  forward, our Courage Classic ride to reach $50,000, you can do so here: http://www.couragetours.com/2012/samsmom

No comments:

Trauma should be the hall pass to life's other issues. Someone should tell the hall monitor

I posted something cryptic on Facebook Saturday. It caught a lot of attention from my tribe but it really wasn’t a big deal…. nothing ...