Sunday, April 29, 2012

Shooting for the Moon

I KNOW. It's been almost a month since I have blogged.

And it's late.

And I should go to bed.

But I'm a tad wired.

It has been an emotional month as Spring tends to be. I have been busy organizing our Courage Classic team and it has been met with amazing success. We have 24 members signed up to ride.

This year I set a goal for myself. If the team raises $50,000 we can designate what clinic the money goes to. We can have $50,000 go to the Mitochondrial and Special Care Clinic.

You know what is crazy? I think we can do it. We have already raised $13,785. How nuts is that????

So dear readers, I hope you forgive me but I might be a little fundraiser manic until July. I continue to be amazed by what can happen when things fall into place. I keep telling myself  "If you shoot for the moon and miss, you're still among the stars." now I'm thinking, "If you shoot for the moon, you might just hit the moon!"

Holy Schmoly, the moon.

We have created a promotional video with our fabulous kids, you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkEWQuHr2Kg.

AND if you would like to donate (but no pressure, really) you can read about our story here.

The biggest thing for me is that we are making something happen....and it is the most overwhelming, amazing feeling, in spite of all of the bad.....it makes my soul feel good.

Pretty stinkin cool.

No comments:

Trauma should be the hall pass to life's other issues. Someone should tell the hall monitor

I posted something cryptic on Facebook Saturday. It caught a lot of attention from my tribe but it really wasn’t a big deal…. nothing ...