Monday, November 22, 2010

Oh the Places I Will Go....

Last week I found myself in Florida at a client meeting. I packed up my overnight bag and kissed hubby goodbye.

I landed in Florida in time to see the sun set over the ocean.

30 hours later I was back home watching the end of Conan and wondering how long I could snooze on the couch until hubby collected me for bed.

For someone who spent the last four years sequestered to the living room, Samantha's bedroom or Children's Hospital, I find it quite odd that I can wake up to snow on the ground and four hours later comment that Florida is definitely too hot for a sweater dress.

It is all so seamless.....a toothbrush and a pair of underwear and poof!! you are 1,600 miles away from home.

We went on two trips when Samantha was alive; one to visit hubby's parents. The other was when hubby's dad passed away. They were both BIG deals, requiring days of planning, formula, oxygen, letters from doctors, special seating and a gallon jug of Purel. We were about as seamless as a rhinoceros in a smart car.

And people complain about a pat down.

Last week everything fit into my little overnight bag.

And yes, note to self......Florida is way too hot for a sweater dress.

No comments:

Trauma should be the hall pass to life's other issues. Someone should tell the hall monitor

I posted something cryptic on Facebook Saturday. It caught a lot of attention from my tribe but it really wasn’t a big deal…. nothing ...