Monday, March 8, 2010

Our Blog Partner!

I've read articles on how to advertise on your blog, how to get corporate sponsors to send you cool Mama and baby things. How to write reviews and post them to your blog for your dear readers. Hopefully, you're persuasive enough that everyone runs out to buy Little Baby Boo-Boo's Bodacious Butt Cream.

I've thought about this but my readers are precious gems. Oh yes you are....if you take time to read my weekly rantings, the last thing I want to do is waste that time to try and sell you Stan's Stinky Sock Spray.

But when this organization contacted me, I was intrigued. It's a good organization. It's a humanitarian organization and I am quite honored to partner with them.

Perhaps you've heard of them.....

It's the American Red Cross.

Which is pretty darn cool.

The Mile High Chapter will be posting a link on Samsmom. If you click on that link and use the code word BLOGGER, you will receive a 15% discount on Child/Infant CPR.

Personally, I can rally behind Child/Infant CPR....much more than Stan's Stinky Sock Spray.

When Samantha has seizures, she stops breathing. Lil' Miss can hold her breath for an extraordinary long time when she's in the middle of a seizure. The first time this happened, it was 2:00 in the morning. I kept thinking of the CPR steps....
tap and shout...911...ABC's... I THEN realized that I hadn't taken a CPR class in forever and I couldn't remember the compression rate for an infant.

CRAP!

Fortunately, I never
had to use the compression rate but I DID sign up for a CPR class after that. Samantha's condition throws us many unexpected, unplanned, curve balls but I left that class feeling like I carried an ounce of prevention in the topsy-turvey world of being her mother.

So please welcome our lovely partner....The Red Cross, who has bravely decided to join on this ride. We are very honored.

No comments:

Trauma should be the hall pass to life's other issues. Someone should tell the hall monitor

I posted something cryptic on Facebook Saturday. It caught a lot of attention from my tribe but it really wasn’t a big deal…. nothing ...