Monday, March 1, 2010

Late

It is late....

And I am tired.....

Too tired to post...

but my head feels like a pot of Earl Grey tea with so many ideas brewing in my brain

We had a GREAT weekend at Vail. We celebrated Pops' birthday and SKIED...thanks to a vigilant, generous, Nonnie and Aunt Jen watching Samantha in the condo......

And tonight I attended my first board meeting at Foothills Gateway....

And I talked to parents of older children whose disabilities are just as severe as Samantha's...

And those parents still laugh, smile and even get away for a weekend despite years and years of the vigilant, high maintenance parenting required with these fragile kiddos.

I left feeling lighter and quite hopeful.

Long weekends are the best.

2 comments:

Lowrie said...

I thought about the family during the past days and the Big Guy's birthday celebration!! So glad you all had a great time! You had wonderful people with whom to spend the weekend!! . . . We do have amazing blood running through our veins!!

Love you all so much!!
Lowrie

Amanda said...

Foothills Gateway...this sounds new and fun. I'm excited to hear about it - whatever it may be. ENVISION just sucks and I am trying to cut my ties, not because I don't want to help this population thrive but because I feel like the person at the top does not hold those same desires. Let's get out in the next week or so.