Wednesday, February 17, 2010




Happy Birthday Dad!!!!

Tomorrow is my dad's birthday.....and it's a biggie.

I spoke to him tonight and he said he didn't want to make a big deal out of turning 60. So in honor of his request, I wrote a poem and posted it to the blog....because he didn't want to make a big deal out of it :)


Happy, happy birthday Dad!
60 ain't so old.
If their were a Birthday Dad Olympics,
They'd present you with a gold.
Cuz' your funny, hip and stylin',
A rockin' Dad and Pops.
If you were a retail item,
they'd put you in all the shops!
So enjoy your day, kick up your heels,
In your step put a little spring,
Happy, happy birthday Dad and all the best a year can bring!

Love, Me

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful poem for your Dad, Heather! He does deserve Gold! He has been funny, hip, and stylin'since I met him. . . Well, maybe not the stylin' part in the beginning! (haha). . . and I've known him since I was born!! In fact, he was the only boy I invited to my six year old birthday party! Love your Dad! I know he's proud of the wonderful person YOU are!!!

Love you, Heather!

Trauma should be the hall pass to life's other issues. Someone should tell the hall monitor

I posted something cryptic on Facebook Saturday. It caught a lot of attention from my tribe but it really wasn’t a big deal…. nothing ...