Monday, November 16, 2009

Love

If you could harness love as an alternative form of energy....

You could have lit up the city of Denver, maybe even Manhattan, the pyramids, the taj mahal.....

Based on the amount of love generated from the book signing yesterday.

And that's pretty cool.

People braved the snow and the cold in order to hear the Blessing Bowl, buy a book and support the Schichtel family. The circle of friends was amazing; people I knew in elementary school, people I knew in college, family friends and people I'm just starting to know.

Everyone talked, mingled and even shed a tear or two. Samantha's mommy was a bit of a mess herself and could barely get through the story.

Once again, I am overwhelmed by our community and the people who support us. What moved me the most is that our little girl was held, loved and doted on the entire time....and it wasn't by her parents! Samantha's teacher rescued her from her stroller, Miss Christy took Samantha duty and even Uncle Ryan took a shift. I would look up from a book and think where is my daughter? only to find her cuddled in the arms of another loving member of Team Samantha. I am amazed and grateful for the lives she continues to touch, the people who have come into our lives because of our precious girl and the outpouring of love.

Seriously, we should harness this love stuff....pretty darn powerful.

My only regret is that I didn't have time to talk to each of you. Let's do lunch.

Once again, thank you, thank you, thank you :)

1 comment:

breemunger said...

I am so, so upset I missed this. Sunday was not a good day for the BDew between sick hubby and crazy nephews and snow! I thought about you all day! Heidi said she got me a book- it better be autographed!

Trauma should be the hall pass to life's other issues. Someone should tell the hall monitor

I posted something cryptic on Facebook Saturday. It caught a lot of attention from my tribe but it really wasn’t a big deal…. nothing ...