Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ah-Choo!

So, Lil' Miss in her true form made the hospital staff run around for a couple days, recovered and was released last Friday. We still don't know what made her so sick. Virus? Perhaps.

Months ago we had booked a condo in Vail for the weekend so we packed up the oxygen, antibiotics, important phone numbers and spent a great weekend up in the mountains. It's amazing what a little fresh air can do.

Ya gotta keep on living.....

Samantha is on Tamiflu until the H1N1 vaccine is available. She is so much better....still tired after her big nasty sickness but she DID go to school this week and attended her therapies. What a trooper.

I gotta say, I'm pretty happy about the Tamiflu...if she wasn't on it, I think I would have her in a bubble, coated in Purel, wrapped in anti-septic wipes.

Stay Healthy :)

1 comment:

Deana said...

"I gotta say, I'm pretty happy about the Tamiflu...if she wasn't on it, I think I would have her in a bubble, coated in Purel, wrapped in anti-septic wipes. "

Welcome to our world!!! Max is allergic to the gelatin preservatives they put in vaccines...so he can't get EITHER flu vaccine this year.

We've already gotten the seasonal flu vaccine, but we're waiting to get the H1N1 vaccine when it comes out.

We were prescribed Tamiflu as well, but told he doesn't need it until or unless someone around him gets sick. I'm calling today though, because my husband will be traveling the majority of October. In and out of the country. That makes me a little too nervous that he will be bringing some germs back with him!!

Hope Sam continues to feel better! We're headed up for some fresh mountain air tomorrow. I need to breathe out some of the isolation air, and fill up with clean mountain air!

Trauma should be the hall pass to life's other issues. Someone should tell the hall monitor

I posted something cryptic on Facebook Saturday. It caught a lot of attention from my tribe but it really wasn’t a big deal…. nothing ...