Monday, February 12, 2018

The House that hubs Built

We moved.

You might have guessed from my last post which took me over thirty days to recover from.

But we did relocate.

In May of 2016 (yeah, like 20 months ago) Hubs texted asking where I was.


"Hey! Where are you?"

"Um. Fort Lauderdale?"

"Florida?"

"Yeah."

"Home soon?"

"5ish"

"Come look at a house."

And so I landed......from Florida and went to look at a house.....during a thunderstorm.  A house on 20 acres during a thunderstorm with lightening shinning off of its three stories. Three stories of unloved home that looked like it was occupied by the frickin' Adams family.

I drove up, parked and thought 'oh hell no.'

I walked into the house and thought 'oh double hell no.'

But then Hubs walked around the corner with tape measure and a gleam in his eye.

"You like it?" He said.

"Do you?"

The tape measure clicked shut.

CLICK!

"Yeah."

And with that he was gone. Scampered off.....tape measuring something else.

The next day we had a contract on a house I called Hogwarts.

20 months later, Hogwarts is not compete but habitable. It was taken down and rebuilt.
Rebuilt with the eye of an engineer.

Rebuilt with determination, tenacity, f-bombs, errors less than an 1/8th of an inch and a sense of ownership and love.

I am in awe of the house that Hubs built.

And is still building....just a little bit.

But here is a preview.

Stairs before:

 
 
Stairs after: 
 
 
 
 

 

Kitchen Before


Kitchen After:


Bath before

 
 
Bath After:

 



Master closet before:



After:

 
 
Alas, the new house. A new chapter. A house that needed a little love. And us. 

No comments:

Trauma should be the hall pass to life's other issues. Someone should tell the hall monitor

I posted something cryptic on Facebook Saturday. It caught a lot of attention from my tribe but it really wasn’t a big deal…. nothing ...